Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've come a long way baby...........

"Ode to Cracker Barrel" Oh how I miss your sheer and utter delish-ishness. It's been almost 2 days since last I enjoyed your tasty breakfast selections. Your awesomeness astounds me. As I lay in bed, getting sick on microliter sips of water, I dream of the day when I can once again enjoy your hashbrown casserole, turkey sausage, and 3 pieces of sourdough toast; your blueberry pancakes the size of my son's head; your biscuits drizzeled in honey; and dare I say, even your decaf coffee on cute little orange pods so not to be confused with caffeinated. I strategically plan my day around your convenient locations. Forget trips to the pool in 98 degree weather. Forget carriers that should be sewn and shipped around the world. There is a developing fetus that screams for you at all hours of the day and its desires MUST be fullfilled for fear of mass chaos and outrage by pregnant woman everywhere. I thank you so much for the foresight that your designers and decorators had to cover your ceilings in fans and walls with mounted deer heads and toys that my son has never seen before. It brings me much joy and relaxation when I can pillage your midget-sized bottles of maple syrup from under the nose of my inquisitive and mischievous 3-year-old, while he stares in awe at your redneck decor. As I cut pancakes into small bite-sized portions with my right "mom" hand and stuff crisp, yet moist strips of cheesy potatoes into my mouth with my left, I am once again at peace with the world. You even entertain my thrill for prize games that no one ever wins, by giving me sticker game pieces claiming I can win an RV or GPS system, meaning I would never be without you again. Oh Cracker Barrel, you are my savior. I shall never forget how good you have been to me. When I enter my second trimester and more foods come back into my life, please don't be sad. For it will be YOU that I read about in my pregnancy journal long after this child is staring at your ceiling fans with their older brother. So until we meet again- most likely tomorrow- I leave you with my sincere thanks for providing me some joy in this lovely and familiar world of "morning" sickness.

No comments: