Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where does the time go?

Ben has one more day of school left for the year. He will move on to Miss Kristi's pre-k class next year.

:::deep breaths, deep breaths:::

Where does the time go? My little boy is 4, Sadie is learning new things everyday. I get so choked up every time I think about how fast our time together goes. Sometimes I feel as though I've missed so much time with them already. I really haven't. I'm truly blessed to be a SAHM. I built my business around them, for them, so that I'm always here. I feel that sometimes I'm not really "here" though, and that makes me sad. Four years have come and gone in the blink of an eye. I'm SO thankful that I was here for every tear, every laugh, every new discovery. This past year has been absolutely amazing. Sadie's birth made Ben blossom seemingly overnight, and it's been incredible to witness. He's a boy now, so inquisitive, so interested in the world around him. His questions are finally ones with real answers. He's so observant and forgets NOTHING. I never could have imagined the pride that I would feel as a parent. Every achievement, no matter how small, is a testament to how much we want for our children. How many things we want them to experience and to learn. How hard we try to keep them safe, and preserve their innocence just a little bit longer. How we want them to always be themselves and just be happy. The smallest things make Ben so incredibly happy and content, that it reminds me how little we really need in this life.

It's going to be an amazing summer!

No comments: