It's been crazy around here. I don't even feel like I'm doing anything, but I feel like it's crazy around here. You know those days where you wake up anxious and on-edge and you can't bring yourself down for the entire day? Yeah, I've been feeling that way for awhile. Today I already feel accomplished and it's not even 10 am. Sadie has been sleeping 12 hours overnight for a week now. Last night I FINALLY was able to sleep without waking up in a panic every 2 hours to check on her and guess what? Yup, she woke up at 5 am upset. :::head desk::: I can't win. LOL!! But despite the tiny setback, I still feel good this morning so it's ok.
Parenthood is this constant string of small accomplishments. Small in the grand scheme of things, but HUGE in their moment. After seven very long months of waking up at least once or twice, I finally feel like the scales are once again tipping toward the "normal" side again. It's funny how you measure things when you have kids. I feel like this was the last big step to moving forward and getting back to normal. Every day throws it's own twist on "normal", but I feel like we've overcome a major hurdle. Then, each milestone you cross, you feel even more relief. Although it seems to have taken longer this time around, I'm much more relaxed about it. It's a big deal when I don't stress over a missed nap or a cranky day. I know that it all evens out in the end, and I can just look forward to the day when I get to catch up during a nice long 4 hour nap in exchange. It may be small steps back, but it's still LEAPS forward.
Business has picked up a LOT in the past few weeks. Bad news for my clean house, but good news for West York SD since it IS school tax time. Everything feels like it's falling back into place, which is very reassuring. And, yes, isn't it ironic that this happened RIGHT before school starts again? Faaaaantastic. :-P
I feel like I spent the good part of this summer arguing with Ben and either feeding kids or putting them down for naps. But we've come a long way, so it will pay off come the fall. Sadie is sleeping in her crib and falling asleep on her own. This in and of itself deserves a party with cake and ice cream. I never thought I'd be here again. I never thought I'd settle back into my same routine, but I finally have and it feels SO nice! I can work at night without interruption, and I've even squeezed out more time during the day while Ben relaxes or plays by himself.
Life is good.................
Well, at least until Sadie is mobile. ;-)
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment