I've reached an important milestone as a parent. Now that Ben is in Kindergarten, it has become increasingly difficult to "know" all of his friends. When your kids are younger, they become friends with the children of YOUR friends. So the parent holds all the cards. Now? Not so much.
Ben was invited to a birthday party on Saturday and I do not know this child or family. Not at all. And I really don't want him to go. In fact, I've considered calling my IL's to see they want us to come up that day, because then I wouldn't have to take him and would have a good excuse.
Horrible isn't it?
But what if none of the other parents aren't staying? I don't want to be the lone parent there, but I'm not about to leave him alone in a house I don't know.
I'm seriously stressing over this and every day that goes by is one less day I have to make up my mind. Because, you know, I should actually RSVP.
On top of this, I made the mistake of scheduling a playdate tomorrow. With a parent who I absolutely despise. Why? Because my freakin' phone was ringing off the hook on Thursday while I was trying to make chocolate covered pretzels, cut out a billion craft pieces, and watching the very painful process of Ben writing out his Valentines..........all for his party the next day. I was so fried and SO DAMN SICK AND TIRED of trying to get it through to this woman that I want nothing to do with her, that I just threw up my hands and said "what the fuck" because I just wanted to get off the damn phone.
But I could just drop him off down the street, right? WRONG. I do not trust this woman and her sleazy husband (both of which I'm convinced are swingers, but I digress). I do not trust that she won't spend half the playdate baiting Ben on what he thinks of their teacher (whom by the way, she likes to complain about while IN their classroom during observations/participation days), or trying to compare what he knows/how he did on his report card compared to her son.
I.DO.NOT.TRUST.HER.
I really don't hate people. My true dislike of people is really few and far between.
But this woman?
O.M.G. she gets under my skin like no one's business.
I don't know how many times you can politely decline invitations or say you'll try and figure out a schedule and call her back, and then NOT call her back, before SHE GETS A CLUE.
I do not want to hang out with this woman and be BFFs. I do not want to schedule playdates between Ben and her two hooligan sons. I do not want previously mentioned hooligans and mother coming here for fear they will never leave. I do not want her kids here to destroy our toys and house just because "boys will be boys", and theoretically you can just replace carpet when they get older.
NO.
NO THANKS.
But of course, in my tired and irritable state last Thursday, I agreed to this stupid thing tomorrow.
Blech.
Where is the flu when you need it?
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment