Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is our legacy..........

I am your whitest of white, 30-year-old, college educated WASP. I grew up in a single family home as the result of an emotionally and financially devastating disease. I am the married mother of 1.75 children and one dog, and live in a beautiful home. My husband has a great job, and I enjoy the opportunity to run my own business while being a SAHM. I am the epitome of the American dream. I am so PROUD today to know that I am bringing my daughter into a world where she will never know what it is like to NOT be the President if you are African American, to NOT run for VP if you are a woman. It's our turn. Our grandparents had WWII, our parents had Vietnam, the civil rights movement, the sexual revolution, and the cold war. It's our turn now to make our mark on history.

No comments: