It's been 8 weeks since our summer started and we have another 7 weeks until preschool starts up again. It was REALLY nice to have our vacation right in the middle, because I feel re-charged and ready to get back to my summer to-do list. I've been a total slacker the past month, so it feels good to get some motivation back.
This is where we're at:
The house is a complete disaster. The past few weeks have been a complete whirlwind of packing, sewing, and throwing random things wherever they may land. LOL!! I had such good intentions at the beginning of the summer, but obviously, I didn't follow through. I really, REALLY would like to get it together in the next few weeks. Sadie is well on her way to becoming mobile, and after that, it will be awhile until I can do what I want where, and not worry about total chaos wherever I am NOT.
Ben's behavior has been an absolute NIGHTMARE since Safetytown and swim lessons ended 2 weeks ago. The child NEEDS a routine, which I just haven't been able to establish this summer. I feel like all I do is put Sadie down/get her from a nap, and it's been hard working around that. I felt like it was crucial to establish a routine for her between 4-6 months, especially since it gets exponentially more complicated once school starts again.
I'm hoping to be able to transition Sadie's naps a little to accomodate the back-and-forth to preschool. Hopefully she can adjust to having a shorter nap in the morning, and then sleep with Ben when we get home. She's been fantastic so far at being able to go with the flow. It will be interesting having to do it 4 days in a row though. I'm hoping Brandon can take him once or twice a week, so we'll see. The fact that she doesn't take 1/2 hour+ to eat before driving each time will make a HUGE difference this year.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment