..........to know about me.
My amazing friend Miranda at Hoping and Wishing has awarded me the "Honest Scrap" award.
So here are 10 things that you can say you now know about me:
1. I hate dirty socks. NO, seriously, I HATE THEM. I even have trouble touching my own. It makes me physically nauseous if I have to turn them right side out to put them in the washer. A strange and inexplicable phenomenon indeed.
2. I actually miss dissecting the brains of fetal/post-natal mice. Ben found a P1 mouse on our front sidewalk awhile back, and I had to restrain myself from getting out my manicure scissors and dissecting the pons. Good times.
3. I am a HUGE proponent of everything natural when it comes to my kids. This means natural childbirth with a doula and midwife (I would have loved nothing more than to have a homebirth), breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, cloth diapers, etc, etc...........
4. My dad died of cancer when I was 7 (he was 34). He had very rare cancer of the synovial fluid, his leg was amputated, but it had already spread to his lungs.
5. I still get annoyed when people comment on my height/weight and think they're funny. Really now, maybe that was the "cool" thing to do when we were all 10, but when you're 30 or 40, you really should aspire to a slightly higher level of intellectual conversation........ I'm still cool with the 3 apples tall reference though. ;-)
6. My daughter was born still inside the amniotic sac. Coolest.Thing.Ever.
7. I used to perform in a ballet company and can stand on my big toes barefoot....JUST my big toes.
8. I'm addicted to collecting all the diecast cars from the movie Cars. You know, for Ben.
9. I graduated college with 154 credits. In 4 years. Because I'm a dork.
10. I don't like when people touch my hands. Even the thought of getting a manicure makes me hyperventilate.
Now, since I'm not one of those "cool" bloggers with tons of people hanging on her every word, I have no clue who I can pass this on to. BUT, if you happen to read this and have a blog, be sure to pass on some facts about yourself to the interwebz for me.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Standing on your big toes has to give you, what, six inches??
And I loooovvveedd dissection in biology class. LOVED it. And I loved that my super-athletic lab partner boyfriend passed out and I didn't.
I KNOW, I can pull off at least 5'4", maybe more!
Post a Comment