Monday, March 1, 2010

It's almost here!

Daylight Savings Time is only TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!! There are no words to express how happy this makes me! I am SO.OVER.WINTER. Over it. The time from New Year's until spring is the worst time of the year. Just the fact that I woke up today and January and February were over made my day start off that much better. This year seemed like it was exceptionally difficult, because our Christmas was absolutely amazing. We had so much fun with all our advent calendar activities and the decorating, and Ben being so excited, that when it was over it hit us hard. I think it hit me harder than anyone else around here too. I'm glad that we "got through" the first two months of the year and we can finally look forward to Spring. I noticed last night as I put Sadie to sleep, that it was actually still light out. This made me giddy beyond belief. Yes, it was only 6 pm, because the kids were exhausted from a day in Baltimore and the aquarium. But, it means that warmer weather isn't far behind. I'm sick of the snow, and the cold, and just being cooped up inside. Once we get through to March, I feel so much better. It's almost spring, and then all the fun that comes with summer, and then once school starts in the fall, it rolls right into Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. This time of the year is just so BLAH.

Although this year MAY just have been worse in general, apparently there is a very real reason why I have felt so tired and absolutely crappy for the past few months. I have/had mono. Um, say whaaaaaaat?!?! Yup, I have mono. I AM NOT GOING CRAZY!!!!! Because honestly, I was starting to wonder. The past few weeks I have struggled to make it through the afternoon without a nap. It was like I was back in the first trimester, but even worse. I would try to fight it, but simply crash at night and then get behind on my sewing. I just kept pushing through because I was getting extremely frustrated with physically not being able to get anything done. I just COULDN'T do it. On friday, I cleaned the hardwood floors and literally passed out while Ben was watching a movie during Sadie's nap. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. So that's when I called the doctor for some blood test results and they told me I had mono. Well no FREAKIN' wonder!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful for my recent medical epiphany. Not only does it shut up my recently less than understanding husband, who has quite honestly been acting like a complete jack ass about life lately. BUT, it gives me a reason to be OK with actually taking a nap to feel better. It sounds stupid, but I tried so hard to fight it because I really thought it was because Sadie only recently began STTN, and I was convinced it was due to a year of deprived sleep. Because, well, that WOULD make you tired. But the past 2 weeks have been BAD. Really, REALLY bad. I was literally to the point of tears out of frustration. Even after I was getting sleep because Sadie was, I wasn't feeling better. In a lot of ways I was feeling worse, because after finally getting the chance to fall into a deep sleep, when I had to wake up, it would take a huge effort just TO wake up. Yesterday, after walking around the aquarium all day, I slept from 6:30 pm-9 pm. I didn't force myself to stay awake, just to not feel crazy. It felt really good. I'm still beyond tired today, but I can try to fit in a little rest during the day, instead of going until I crash and then feeling absolutely terrible.

Hopefully, between extra rest, and the fact that all this snow will soon be GONE, spring will make everyone around here just a little bit happier.

No comments: