Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Never enough flip flops

I love my husband. We've been together for almost 11 years, married for 6 1/2, have two kids, a dog, and a fabulous home. I really am living the dream. We know what the other is thinking before we even say it, and if I see him grab his Kindle or Sports Illustrated with a certain swagger to his step, I know I need to plan to walk upstairs if I need to use the bathroom.

That being said, there are some things he still just doesn't understand:

1. There is no such thing as too many flip flops.

Really, do I need to go on? Of course I already have many, many pairs, but I still think the 3 pairs I got from Old Navy this week for $1.99 each were completely justified. Do I have orange, celery green, and bean sprout yet? Yeah, I didn't think so. When my husband stops buying packs of baseball cards for Ben AND himself when he goes to the store, then we'll talk.

2. I love purses that AREN'T made by me

My Mother's Day present arrived today. It is a GLORIOUSLY amazing Coach purse. It is even more incredible in person, because I can sit and inhale the smell of it's leather while I pet it. It is soft, almond colored leather, with a pink interior. It's large and gorgeous and I just may fall asleep holding it tight to my bosom tonight. I make bags and other accessories for a living, but this doesn't mean that I want to be paid to make my OWN Mother's Day present. He couldn't afford me anyway. ;-)

No comments: