Sunday, July 24, 2011

Decoupage Clipboards


These are a set of clipboards for the wall in my new sewing studio. I plan on hanging them just like this over my desk for organizing my printed shipping labels, receipts, special orders, etc. Aren't they pretty?

This is what I needed: chipboard clipboards (I found them on Ebay 6 for $9.99 with free shipping), paper (yes, it's Amy Butler and yes, I have all the matching fabric in my stash), grosgrain ribbon (I used a narrow 5/8", but 1" wide would look really pretty too), a healing mat/paper rotary cutter (for trimming the edges), glue gun and Mod Podge not shown

I made a pattern by tracing the clipboard and cutting out the section for the clip part. I used 12" x 12" scrapbook paper. Since it wasn't quite long enough, I choose coordinating paper for the top and divided it with a ribbon.
After tracing the pattern and cutting out the paper, I decoupaged it onto the clipboard and let it dry overnight. Then, I flipped the boards over and used the rotary cutter to trim any excess paper from around the edges.


I used coordinating ribbon for a nice transition between the two sections, and glued it onto the boards with a glue gun.

I flipped the boards over and glued the heat-sealed ends to the back side for a nice finished look.

Voila! A beautiful clipboard to stay organized. It doesn't hurt that they match the fabric I use on a regular basis. ;-)

I have another set of 6 clipboards that I plan on doing for the family to use. I'm going to make one for each of my kids for above their backpack hook, and one for each season.

No comments: