Tomorrow is officially our last day of summer. It just doesn't seem possible. It feels like yesterday when I packed the pool bags for the first time. Packing the bumbo chair because Sadie wasn't sitting up on her own yet, and here she is crawling. Where does time go?! Ben's last day of school was May 22nd, so it's been over 3 months, and it STILL seems to have gone by so fast. Now there is school, soccer, basketball, swimming. There are Halloween costumes to make, holidays to prepare for, fall decorations to get out. If the past 3 months have passed so quickly, imagine how the next 3 will go! And then my baby girl will be ONE YEAR OLD.
I'm overwhelmed and sad, and excited all at the same time. Let's be honest, I feel like an emotional MESS the past few days. Today I started sorting through clothes getting ready for school and I realized how much BOTH of my kids have grown since the spring. Ben has very few t-shirts left to wear in the fall, and Sadie has moved on to a completely different wardrobe. Fun, but sad. I can't comprehend where the time has gone.
I started baby proofing the house last week, JUST in time for Sadie to be crazy fast at moving around. My best friend is due only a few weeks earlier than I was due with Sadie and she's already in her 3rd trimester. This year has FLOWN by.
Sadie has been sleeping 12 hours overnight for a few weeks ago and suddenly life has settled back into a consistent routine with her taking 2 naps and eating 3 actual meals. Things will be a little crazy driving Ben back and forth to school, but the past 2 weeks I've tried to get Sadie into a schedule where she naps around 9, which will hopefully continue. If she follows what she's been doing recently, that will mean she will nap the entire time Ben is at school. I hope, hope, HOPE that remains the case, because I have been SWAMPED with orders lately and I need to really get a handle on my work. There are so many things I want to try, and things I want ready to list when my website launches in October. In addition to that, I have Ben's Halloween costume (which I am creating entirely myself), as well as the possibility of some new costumes for Hershey Park in the Dark.
Can we say OVER.WHELMED.
:::deep breaths, deep breaths:::
The past 2 weeks have been the most AMAZING weather for the end of the summer, and it looks like it continues this week as well.
Goodbye summer, hello fall!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment