I love to get in my groove. I love when we develop a schedule that makes everyone in a happy, content, and well-rested mood. I love when I have a relatively consistent sewing schedule, where I can get caught up, and dare I say it, AHEAD.
Yeah, it's nice.
When it happens.
When it does, IT.IS.GLORIOUS!
Right now though, not so much.
After awhile, that groove becomes a rut, and then everyone starts to get grumpy and irritable, because it just doesn't seem to work anymore. So here we are.
I hate change, I really do. I don't do well with it, and it makes me flustered and disorganized. I don't like CHANGE, but I like little tweaks now and then. A little bit of tweaking here and there keeps everyone fresh and focused.
Right now, I'm in that "end of the season rut" where I'm anxious to move on and get new things going again, so I can feel like I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming. I'm at that point where I'm sick of the heat, sick of slathering sunscreen on 2 sticky and squirmy kids every time we leave the house, sick of stinky towels and swimsuits from the pool, and sick of just doing whatever we want, because it's become a whole lot of of nothin'.
I'm really looking forward to Fall right about now. Ben starts school two weeks from tomorrow, and I am REALLY excited. HE needs it desperately, I need it desperately, and my poor youngest child just wants to play with her dolls without her big brother crashing into her with the Millenium Falcon every 2.5 seconds. We need a schedule again. I'm not talking about a "we'll wake up and do something tomorrow after Sadie's nap" schedule. I mean an honest to goodness, "we need to do X, Y, and Z in this order, everyday" kind of schedule. Yeah, yeah, I know in about 2 months I'll be ready to ditch all of it for a lazy day of fighting pirates in the backyard, but for now, I could really use a very specifically scheduled coffee break in the course of my day.
I really regret not scheduling our vacation smack dab in the middle of summer like we did last year. It was nice to get a breather 1/2 through. A vacation is a vacation regardless, but next year we definitely need to schedule it somewhere in the middle again.
So, I will do my best to enjoy our last 2 weeks of summer, and not wish them to go by too quickly. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting down to the 3 hours every day that I will only be responsible for entertaining one child as opposed to two.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment