Every parent knows that the success or failure of a day boils down to one thing.
Sleep.
Who got it, how much they got, and how many hours until they get more.
When even ONE family member is missing the required amount of shut-eye to function properly, everyone suffers. Sometimes these days kind of sneak up on you, because you've enjoyed a nice streak of pleasant days. They come despite our best efforts, and seem just a little unfair considering a glorious outside world of blue skies and crisp fall air.
Today would be one of those days.
Sadie is currently oscillating between playing contently and shrieking in utter frustration as she bangs her head on the carpet. While on a "normal" day she'd be working on hour 1 or 2 of a 3 hour nap, TODAY she has decided that instead, she's going to just be miserable.
Because honestly, how many days in a row can you REALLY stay in a good mood, right? At least Ben isn't home yet to add to the chaos, and hopefully she'll sleep this afternoon. If she doesn't? Well then, I suppose I'll have to choose between massive amounts of coffee, or hitting the wine early.
As I sit here, all I can think of is the HUGE amount of sewing and organizing that still needs to be done to be ready for the Baby and Toddler Expo in less than TWO WEEKS. Eeeek!!!
Because of my preparation for the expo, it's been a complete madhouse around here. There are brochures, and fabric, and bins of finished goodies spread out in just about every room in my house. Even the sink in my bathroom has an ongoing list of everything I need to pack, so when I take my multiple showers per day to de-stress me and keep the creative juices flowing, I can be prepared.
My fingers are cramped, my back is sore, and the calf muscle on my right "sewing machine pedal" leg is significantly larger than my left. It's been a whirlwind few months and I can only pray that it pays off. Even if it doesn't go as well as I anticipate, I'm still looking at a busy holiday season, with no break until January. I feel like the next two weeks are really just the calm before the storm.
Soooo, I hope that my child decides that today was just a fluke, and she really does think naps are pretty awesome.
Because if not, I'm in for some major caffeine consumption.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment