Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lost and Found

It's amazing what you find when you decide to organize your life. After months of it being on my "Most Wanted" list, I finally found my cutting table. How you "lose" a 5' x 4 1/2' cutting table is really something only I could do, but then again, I also "lost" that 40 yd bolt of quilt batting. I baffle even myself.

After moving some bookshelves from the play area into my craft room, I was able to keep my most popular fabrics readily available to use. Since we got an awesome built-in desk for the study upstairs from one of Brandon's old displays, I have to move 2 bookcases from in there, down to the play area in the basement. Don't you love how you have to make 10 messes to clean ONE?




But now I have a nice and organized shipping center, so it's all good.


I've even managed to keep this section organized for a whole SIX MONTHS. I know, I'm awesome. And yep, that's a step stool. Not to be confused with the little plastic Ikea one in a previous picture. You remember I'm 4'11", right? They come a dime a dozen around here, every closet has one. :)


Do you think I need more supplies? I don't know, I think I do. And don't get too excited about that there microwave. I still haven't manage to locate an outlet on that wall to plug it in.


The newly organized corner of the play area. Don't be too jealous, my kids haven't been down here to play yet. Do you see what "two sets of grandparents who save 25 year old Little People sets" and two children later gets you? That's right, an ENTIRE shelf and 2 large bins devoted to Little People.

No comments: