Thursday night, well actually Friday morning, was quite an exciting time at our house. I got to wake up at 2:30 am to the sound of screeching tires and a loud thud. At first I couldn't see anything out our bathroom window because it was foggy, but I ran to find a phone because I was sure someone was injured and would be stuck there until morning. Of course, all the cordless phones in the house are either where I breastfeed Sadie on the couch or next to my sewing machine, so it took me a few minutes to actually FIND a phone. I went back to the bathroom window and saw another car doing circles at the bottom of the driveway and heard someone say "are you ok?". So I called the police. Of course as soon as I start talking to the 911 dispatcher the car drives away, loudly, as he drags pieces of his car along the road. Excellent. Stupid ass drunk driver. Brandon checked the damage, the cop took my statement, yada yada. THEN, of course Sadie slept until 5:30 am. I would like to punch that punk ass in the throat. We have some damage to one of the trees at the edge of the brush and lovely pieces of headlight and bumper strewn in the yard, but hey, at least the driver could drive away from the crime scene unharmed. :::doink doink:::
On a good note, Ben made it through his 2nd night with no diaper. WOOHOO!! He potty trained in literally one day back in Dec 2007, but he was still having random accidents overnight. At least he was using the cloth diapers and I could just add them in with Sadie's, because I would NOT want to still be buying super expensive pull-ups! WHEW, so glad that's over with and I only have Sadie in diapers. Good times.
Yesteray we went to Couslers and did our first rubbing for the library program. We didn't make it in time to go with the group, and of course, the directions had you walk all the way around the park, only to end up 50 feet from the playground. LOL!!! Jacob took us over to do the rubbing when we got there, so I guess technically we cheated, but at least I know what I'm looking for now. I never would have seen the post in the trees and it's completely different than last year. I think we'll try and hit another park on Monday.
Sadie is doing really well on solids and moved on to carrots last night. I'm really not used to a child eating so much food. It's crazy! I would have liked to wait until 6 months, but eating every two hours for weeks on end was making us both pretty cranky. Most importantly though, as evident this morning, the days of runny newborn poop are OVER!!!
My business is under control again and I'm super excited to be adding a backpack diaper bag to my line soon. I also took the plunge and order my snap press so I can start using all my cloth diapering fabric I've been purchasing. I'm hoping it goes well, but I am a little disappointed that I didn't think to start this process BEFORE I start CDing Ben. It was have REALLY been cheaper than disposables this way! Yeah well.
I'm off to make baby food and package 3 carriers to get out today while Ben is off eating pancakes and biscuits with daddy. I love Saturdays!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment