Sunday, October 18, 2009
Destinations
I'm standing in the kitchen drinking tea, because our fireplace is broken and it's freezing in here. I'm staring at the dishes in the sink and the toys all over the family room floor, and listening to diapers being washed in the laundry room. When I was younger, there were so many things that I wanted to be. I wanted to be a teacher, a ballerina, a scientist. At some point in my life, I was all of those things, but nothing can top this moment right now and what I have actually become. I have two beautiful children asleep upstairs, an amazing husband watching football, and a stack of carriers ready to be sent out tomorrow. The weeks seem to always pass in a crazy frenzy of school and playdates, laundry and making meals, calming tears and exploding laughter. Could anything ever top all of this? You know when people ask "what if this is all there is?" I want to tell them "I hope so".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment