Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hold The Phone

Lets discuss Bluetooth. I think Bluetooth is a fantastic invention. What a great idea to be able to talk on your cell phone and not have to hold it. Considering how many people are out there who have trouble driving safely with TWO hands, it really is a necessary phone accessory.

That being said, I do not appreciate seeing your Bluetooth dangling from your ear ALL.THE.TIME. Seriously, how important do you think you are? Would it really be a catatrophe if you answered the phone on the second ring as you pull it out of your pocket (or off your belt holster, but really, that's a whole other post entirely)?

I think this is one of the rudest things ever. When I attempt to have a conversation with this person, I'm always drawn to that headpiece. Is she on hold and she's just passing the time talking to me until a REAL conversation continues? Is the phone going to ring in the middle of my sentence and she's just going to run off and leave me standing there talking to myself? Is someone else listening to our conversation? Is she being fed information while I stand there jabbering? I mean seriously, you can't just carry your phone in your pocket?

Maybe I'm being over-critical, but I just think that this is extremely rude and disrespectful. I just can't for the life of me understand the need for it. Brandon talks to clients on the phone all day long, and he would NEVER walk into an office to talk to someone while that was clipped on to his ear. Is it really asking too much to have a few seconds of undivided attention? Especially if the person you're talking to is a client who is just as important as the others who may call? Even if I'm not as important as some of your higher-ranked friends, it would still be nice to not feel like my conversation was disposable at any moment.

Maybe I'm just a SAHM, and I don't deserve the respect? Kind of ironic since she's a SAHM too. I run my own business and I still don't need a phone attached to my body at all times. When did people become so oblivious and self-centered? I just don't get it.

No comments: